Crap! (also, take that Jim!)

Monday, I sent the L'Arrivée guitar back to Dad.

Today, Thursday, I moseyed on over to my long neglected Myspace music site and listened to my tunes. The regret descended upon me, the way the 2000 lb anvils often descend upon Wyle E. Coyote.

It's true, I've mostly forsaken my little hobby, with the exception of my recently having learned to play the perennial favorite "500 Miles" by the Proclaimers and "Such Great Heights" by The Postal Service. And some others, mostly on request. The creative well-spring is bone dry and has been since ohhhhh April 2007. That's a long time.

The clincher is that I never finished what I consider to be my finest song yet, "Inertia". It's half recorded although completely written. I've tried recording it in full but I can't seem to match the tone and awesomeness of the sample and that's frustrating to no end.

It's a bit of a time issue. I just don't have the energy or room in my schedule to do multiple multiple takes on one song. I used to be satisfied with so little and now my expectations are up. My songs were getting better and better and I wanted more moar MOAR!

It's not to say that I don't have a guitar. I have my beloved Baby Taylor pictured above. For recording however, it's just not the best. Then again, I'm not sure I've recorded with it since I got a good mic and an audio interface.

So what will it be friends? Do I abandon my hobby? Do I try to squeeze out some more songs? Inspiration is running low these days (I only really ever write when I'm exploding with sadness-- I don't manage that emotion as well as I do happy), but I suppose I could try really really hard.

I want to get better. I want to write more exciting songs. I just don't know if I have it in me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up your hobby...Unless I make you sing another song that I write and then i would say give it up! So I miss you reedy reesh...where have you been? And now you are vanishing to Korea...far far away from me and Beaver and kel Kel...COME BACK...too far too far. Miss you...