Jamie Oliver, you can have my heart

One of the first cookbooks I ever owned was The Naked Chef by Jamie Oliver. I almost certain that somewhere along the line, I was given a copy of The Return of the Naked Chef, and that later along that same line I lost it.

I ignored it for many years, mostly because I lacked an appropriate kitchen and the necessary budget to create some of his brilliant recipes.

Inspired by my friend Todd's amazing Saffron Porcini Risotto I'd had December 2007. I decided... it is time. Time to make risotto. Time to try my hand. I'd remembered that The Naked Chef had some risotto recipes, so I went at it. I made a Cranberry Bean, Rosemary and Bacon risotto. Those who ate it told me it could have been from a five star restaurant. Yessss! Success! I mean-- with enough butter, bacon fat and parmesan anything could be a success, but success nonetheless! Jamie, you served me well.

This Thanksgiving I'll be making a roast chicken a l'Oliver. I'm giving you my heart, Jamie Oliver. Clog it if you will. I expect you'll make every meal a little sweeter from now on.

Also, on a separate note, Monkey really enjoys cotton balls.

0 comments: